1/04/2011

Seriously?! What happened to the last 2 months?

I cannot believe it has been almost TWO WHOLE MONTHS since I last posted. I kept thinking, oh, I need to get on that blog, but then life took over. With Thanksgiving travel to Arizona and Christmas travel to Virginia Beach and Atlanta, time has just gotten away from me. Happy New Year. Can you believe we are already started a new decade in this new Century? Wasn't it just Y2K, like, yesterday or something?

Anyway, here's some catching up.*

Autumn in New York, a path at Central Park:


Thanksgiving in Arizona:


Central Park post-blizzard. (D mentioned the other day something about this being the first blizzard of the season, and I asked, "What do you mean the FIRST? How many do we get?" Welcome to the frozen apple.)


Here's part of what has been keeping me so busy.
Baby girl on her 6 month birthday (she'll be 7 months next week!)




Sometimes she does this...


...which means I have time for things like this...




My first ever attempt at making cake pops. They were a huge hit at the family Christmas celebration, with grown-ups and kids alike. For instructions, visit www.bakerella.com.

Now that we are back in the city, I am staying busy at home and with some other craft projects I have in the works. I am also working on my master's thesis, finalizing the project with my professor so that (fingers crossed) I can graduate this May; here's hoping. D is getting back into the groove at work. A good friend just moved to the city, and another friend is visiting next week. Plus, we start our play groups again this Friday--a definite fun highlight of the week, spending time with my friends here.

All in all, it has been a great start to 2011. 2010 will be hard to beat: D graduated and got a job, we had our baby girl, we found an apartment and moved to NYC, we visited family and friends, and our house just rented to great new tenants. Here's wishing you a very happy 2-0-1-1!


*For more photos, become D's friend on facebook. It's just easier to upload photos to albums there. And, I'm still stuck in the early 2000s and refuse to get a facebook account--holding out.

No comments: