It has been a busy week in our household. D continues to be challenged and staying busy at work, so he's loving learning the ropes. He is actually getting to tip his toes into traveling some, which is good for learning how things work. He'll start traveling more extensively some time in the new year.
Speaking of, can you believe how close we are to 2011? It seems like just yesterday was Y2K, and now, here I am, a full week into November, with the holidays looming ahead and sleet falling outside my window. Yes, fall may be short-lived in NYC. It's been very cold and windy already, so I'm nervous about how brutal the winter may be.
At least there are always things to do, even in the winter. For instance, last Friday, I accompanied two of my new friends and their babies to the Whitney Museum for a mommy stroller tour. It was a good-sized group of about 10 or 12 moms with babies in tow, all learning about Edward Hopper from an art expert. Very fun! We're looking forward to doing more things like that in the future. Baby A also went to not one but two Halloween parties. She looked so sweet in her cousin's passed down giraffe costume.
Also, baby A finally rolled over for the first time yesterday, from her tummy to her back. I had been waiting for her to do this for the past month, as I could tell she really wanted to. Yea! She's getting more vocal by the day and wants to chew on everything. She's getting really strong, trying to do situps on her own and learning to sit up by herself. She takes her first plane ride this weekend when we all head to Charlotte for a mini Darden reunion/baby shower this weekend. We are looking forward to seeing friends, though I am nervous about flying. At least this is good practice for traveling before we head to Phoenix for Thanksgiving.
Happy Monday!
No comments:
Post a Comment