1/24/2011

Baby, It's Cold Outside

We've already established--I'm from the south. So, it goes without saying, perhaps, that there are some things about being up north that take some getting used to. WINTER is one of those things that I haven't quite mastered yet. I know the weather in "Hot"lanta has been freakish this winter too, but, today in NYC has warmed up to 13. Thir----teeeeeen! I don't even know what to make of that. The high is only 4 degrees away, at 17. We're supposed to get snow tonight and into tomorrow. AND, it's only JANUARY!

Don't get me wrong. The snow is absolutely beautiful here. But, it is hard to get motivated to bundle everyone up and head outside unless absolutely necessary. My daily 4+ mile walks have been drastically reduced to walking one block south to take the dog out. Even she doesn't want to be outside in the cold. Maybe after some time in the city, our blood will thicken up and we'll get used to the weather. At any rate, this snowbird is looking forward to spring time and summer vacations!

No comments: