8/06/2010

A Lovely Day

Today is a wonderful day. Not because it's Friday. Not because it's gorgeous outside. Not because my tiny baby girl arrived exactly 8 weeks ago today (although that's pretty wonderful in and of itself). Today is a wonderful day because this time 5 years ago I found myself in a small stone church in rural Georgia, saying "I do" to my best friend and the love of my life, just as my parents and grandparents did standing in that same church before me. To my dear hubbie, I love you and thank you for the best anniversary gift of all--our baby girl! To many more years of love and happiness.

A special thanks to all the "marriage mentors" in our lives who have shown us year in and year out that having a long-lasting, successful marriage is possible. Thanks mom and dad, granny and grandpa, sis and bro-in-law, and our friends too!

No comments: