Today, I started my new job. It's something that I've dreamt of doing ever since I was a child. I know it will be challenging; I know there are some days that I will wonder "What was I thinking?" But I also know there will be great joys. Today, I officially declare myself a stay-at-home-mom.
It's true that I had been practicing since the baby was born in early June. But I also had the help of family and my dear hubby. Today, however, D started his new job, which leaves me home alone with the baby and dog. I think we've all fared well today, as there has been much to catch up on: final details from unpacking the move, walking the dog, entertaining and feeding and bathing and dressing and redressing baby A, updating D's facebook profile with long overdue photos of baby A, paying bills, emptying the dishwasher, quieting the barking dog, cooking dinner (and breakfast for D this morning). Though these might seem like mundane, everyday details, I'm grateful to be able to do them.
I anxiously look forward to making new friends in the city. With literally millions of people living in Manhattan, I know I will meet others and make new friends. Still, it's a scary proposition to move to a big place where you don't know many people. It'll come with time.
Till then, here's to a great first day on "the job".
No comments:
Post a Comment