7/03/2009

The Day I Became an Aunt

Thursday, July 2, 2009, was one of the best days of my life ever--my nephew Carter was born. I am so proud for my sister and my brother-in-law. This is one of life's greatest miracles. I am sorry to not be in Atlanta right now with them, but my heart is with them all. I cannot wait to visit soon and hold the little fellow in my arms. Isn't he just one of the most beautiful babies ever? Just like a baby doll. I love him already!


After a long day of travel, I am in NYC for a long holiday weekend with D. After several flight delays, I made it in to town. I got to see D's office and the amazing view of a park and the Empire State Building, which was lighted red, white and blue for the Fourth of July. I was so tired, so we went to bed, after some New York style pizza and a key lime cupcake from Crumbs--yum!


It's supposed to rain, but we're hoping to go to the Bronx Zoo or the Botanical Gardens, or both. We're looking forward to seeing the fireworks display tomorrow night. Happy Fourth of July!

No comments: