8/02/2009

In the Home Stretch!

Thank goodness, we are finally in the home stretch of D's internship. I can't believe the summer is almost over and that school is about to start back, but, at the same time, it's been so long without D here over the summer. We have this upcoming week and weekend apart, and then I'll be in NYC for work travel and for D's last week of work. Can't wait!! We'll be driving back to the Ville on Saturday and then to the ATL to see my family and new nephew on Sunday. It's a few days in Atlanta and then back to Charolottesville for a birthday party, welcome back to school picnic, and then the start of classes. Whew, time is really flying.

This weekend was a fun one for me. I hit golf balls on Friday and went to eat dinner with my friends. Saturday we went running then shopping, and I got lots of fun new things. Today my friends and I worked out this morning, then a nap, and lounging around all afternoon. I'll need to work on my thesis all this week to get things wrapped up to send to my advisor. Running is going well, too--up to three miles.

D's weekend wasn't as fun--he was working all weekend. But, he did get to see firsthand a movie that's filming in his building on his way in to work today--the crew almost didn't let him in to the building.

Well, that's all for now. Next time I check in, I may be in the Big Apple.

No comments: