I never decorate the house for Christmas until the day after Thanksgiving. But, with Thanksgiving coming later this year, I went ahead and put the tree up today so that we could enjoy it as long as possible. It looks pretty. The white lights sparkle through the clear glass bubbles and shiny glass-beaded balls. I'm having a cookie exchange with my friends next weekend, so I'm really getting into the fun of the season--just a little earlier than usual. To top it off, shopping is almost done!
D and I went to a tailgate this morning before heading to the UVA-Clemson game. It was SO cold. I had on 5 layers, long johns and two pairs of socks. D was similarly garbed. We stayed as warm as we could and even brought hot chocolate along with us. The game was a little warmer inside the stadium, but, once we left at halftime, it was cold again. We headed back home, taking a short afternoon nap. I also made brownies (from scratch!) before decorating the house.
D is off to an event, and tomorrow is my supper club. Looking forward to it.
Lola has been feeling a bit neglected. It gets dark in the evening before we even get home, so it's hard to find a good time of day to take our girl for her walks. We let her play outside in the yard, but she doesn't stay outside too long, as she can really feel the cold. In fact, we had snow on the ground here on Monday!
Stay warm!
No comments:
Post a Comment