9/28/2008

It's nearly October!

Time is really flying here in C-ville! I can't believe this week brings on the month of October. It's definitely the season for football and chili, pumpkins and goblins, changing leaves and cooler weather.

We had another crazy busy week here. D is still juggling a full schedule, with more demands added to his plate almost daily. Work is going good for me, so that keeps me busy. We spend most of our quality time together on the weekends, and this weekend was great. Friday night we had a huge crew of school folks over for Taco Soup. We had a great time catching up. And, we had the presidential debate on the tube. It was great seeing all these twenty- and thirty-somethings invested in politics.

Saturday morning was Lola's annual vet check-up, and all went well. We lounged around the house Saturday afternoon and then went to the International Food Festival Saturday night. Talk about fun! The festival was culinary overload, and everything tasted SO good. There were also cultural performances. It was an amazing production, and it was all done by the students!

Today is a catch-up-around-the-house day. D is busy studying and going to meetings, while I'm taking care of "fun" household duties like laundry, dishes and bills. I'm looking forward to my weekly Sunday Night Supper Club with my new girlfriends. This is the third installment, and we all look forward to it! I'm looking forward to some good food and good company, especially since D and I are missing my family reunion back in Georgia.

Just a special note: Six years ago today, D and I met in Atlanta. Thanks to friends Elle and Shawn for being the reason D and I met!

2 comments:

Heather Anne Hogan said...

I wish I'd had taco soup during that debate! Actually, I would have probably flung it at the television. So, never mind.

JKHooper said...

You missed a grand reunion, too much food, as usual, but we did our best not to hurt anyone's feelings. We missed you guys.

A big thank-you to Shawn (what's he doing now?) and Elle.