10/20/2010

It's Here

You can feel it on your skin, as goosebumps race down your arm. Jackets and sweaters must be pulled out from the back of the closet now.

You can smell it in the air. The aroma of the Nuts4Nuts sweet roasted nuts stands is the best smell in the city, and it's all around.

You can hear it outside. The rustle of squirrels forraging for acorns. The squeals of children as they enjoy the last bits of warmth and sunshine.

You can see it all around. The leaves scattered on the ground, dotting the landscape with brillant reds and golden yellows and bright oranges.

Yes, Autumn has arrived in New York City. And, it's enchanting. Before moving here, I had visited NYC during all the seasons, except fall. I enjoyed spring with its beautiful budding blossoms and promises of warm, sunny days to come. I loved summer with the long days and endless activities. I endured winter, which was no more brutal than Charlottesville.

I think autumn may be the best.

No comments: