Today is a special day. Eight years ago today, I made a decision that I have never regretted. I chose to give my phone number to a boy I had just met. He chose to call. We chose to get married three years later. Five years after that, we were blessed with our baby girl. It's amazing to look back over the last few years and see how taking chances and making choices has led us to where we are today.
In high school, I applied to several colleges and was accepted to them, from big (UGA) to small. I decided I wanted to be more than a number, so I chose the small school not too far from home. From there, I met my friend M, who is my sorority sister, was my roommate, and, later, bridesmaid. Because of M, I learned about the advertising firm where her aunt worked. I applied for and got a job there, where I met my dear friend, co-worker, roommate, and, later, bridesmaid, E. Because of E, I met my sometime musician friend and roommate S. E and I went to hear S play music in midtown Atlanta, and, on that fateful night exactly 8 years ago, I met D.
Today, I am married to that wonderful man, I've moved to the Big Apple, and I have the best baby girl in the whole world. Isn't it fun to think back about how one decision leads you down a certain path? I wouldn't change that path for anything.
1 comment:
Wahoo! I made the blog! ah...memories! I'm so glad you gave him your number too!
Post a Comment