Things have been so crazy busy lately, that posting to the blog has been even worse than before. Work is busy for me, and school, recruiting, and life is super busy for D. Fortunately, my folks came into town last week for their first real visit to the Ville.
We started the weekend off with a visit to a winery and polo match, followed by another wine tasting. While D and I went back to school/work, the 'rents did some touristy things (several more winery tours, Monticello, Luray Caverns, Skyline Drive). I took two days off at the end of the week and accompanied mom and dad on a brewery tour, another couple of gorgeous winery tours (we love wine, what can we say?), a comedy night and dinner out, and dad and I went to the driving range to hit golf balls. D had Friday off as well. We were supposed to play a round of golf, but it was pouring rain. Instead, we went to an apple orchard and nearby Staunton.
The week went by so fast. We were sorry to see them go, but glad to have quality time together. Looking forward to seeing the whole family at Christmas.
D and I were also able to visit VA Beach for one evening to spend some time with his folks for his mom's birthday--nice fun.
Happy birthday to both moms!
No comments:
Post a Comment