After a long 12 hour driving ordeal, D and I have made it to the city and have gotten him settled in. Whew!
We took Lola to the doggie daycare and then hopped in the car to Richmond, where we picked up a rental SUV and where I will be flying back into. We got stuck in DC traffic for no reason on a Sunday afternoon. Then, we got detoured in New Jersey--we could see Manhattan but couldn't get to the island. We arrived at D's apartment at about midnight. His roomie helped unload the car while I sat with the car. We parked on the street two blocks away and then walked back to his apt. The place was built in the 80s and hasn't been updated since. But, there's plenty of room with big windows. The only problem was that the place was a MESS when we arrived. D and I stayed up unpacking a little and cleaning and finally went to bed around 2 a.m.
On Monday, we got up at 6:00 a.m. to move the rental car and return it to the car company. We walked back, cleaned the kitchen and all the dishes and took a nap. After we got up and showered, we ran errands and went to the grocery store. We also walked around the area for 2 1/2 hours, including Riverside Park, Central Park, the Upper East Side and the Upper West Side (D's neighborhood). We had a home cooked meal on Monday night.
Yesterday we went to midtown, as D had a "getting to know you" work lunch. I sat in Bryant Park and read a book. I had a late lunch, then D and I went to the club he joined to pick up his membership packet and take a tour--it's close to work and has a gym (plus it was a great price). We walked in the library, but the security guard was mean--we were blocking the door. We went to Macy's and picked up some more of the items D needed for the apt. We took a nap (who says the city never sleeps--it's exhausting). We took another hour walk around the UWS and then met up with one of D's classmates at a wine bar for drinks and a late light dinner--the cheese flan was to die for!!!!
We slept in today and had a pancake and sausage breakfast. Now, we're heading off to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. It's supposed to rain today, so it's perfect for museums. There's so much to see and do but not enough time. Pictures coming soon, promise.
No comments:
Post a Comment