5/03/2009

May Day

May is here! One year ago this weekend, D and I were visiting Cville to see if this was the place for us. I also met my best friends here one year ago, and I interviewed for my job this time last year. My how time flies! It's hard to believe that D and his classmates are rising second year students and that they are now the "experts" on all things b-school!

D has finished classes--the first year is almost over. We celebrated by attending the admitted students weekend and a dear friend's baby's 1st birthday party. I also found out two of my friends here are having babies...very exciting times. D is preparing for exams this week, and then he will be done! We are going to celebrate by going out to dinner with the gift certificate we won earlier this spring at a fundraising auction.

In May, D will be tending to some much needed items around the house (organizing paperwork, sorting through items to donate, etc.) and preparing for his summer internship. He'll be in NYC this summer, and we are very excited about the opportunity. Truthfully, we are so grateful that he has such an amazing job for the summer in the field he is passionate about, especially given this tough economy! I will miss him so much during his 10 weeks away, but I will get to visit every few weeks, so hopefully it won't be too bad. And, almost all of my girlfriends here are staying for the summer, so I'll have great company.

Counting down the days till we get to head back to Atlanta for a long weekend! We did decide to put our house up for rent after all, but it's still also for sale. Hoping for a summer miracle.

Happy Spring.

No comments: