4/28/2009

Amazing Day at Darden

Long time no post. Since the last post in March, D and I have both celebrated our birthdays. D did a great job planning a surprise weekend getaway for my birthday, which was perfect. Last weekend was reunion at the school, so I was busy working for it. And, we went to the annual Foxfield horse races. This coming weekend is the admitted students preview weekend, so I'll be busy volunteering. D is finishing up his last week of classes, then he has exams next week.

Today was a really neat day at work--one of the great things about working for a big university. Vicente Fox, the former president of Mexico, came to speak at our school for the Latin American Student Association conference. I was less than 20 feet away from a major political figure--very cool.

I know D is looking forward to some down time in May before his internship starts this summer. I am looking forward to visiting Atlanta soon to see my family, attend a dear friend's wedding and throw my sister a baby shower. Busy times ahead! Also, our house is still on the market, and we are considering renting it.

Hope your spring is going well.

No comments: