4/18/2011

Birthday Conundrum

Happy Spring Friends! Things have warmed up a bit (I'm sure that will change tomorrow), and all the flowers are blooming in the city. It's just gorgeous! We had a nice weekend--we made our first trip to Target here in the city. It's has literally been MONTHS since I've been to Tar-jay, and I sure did make up for all my time gone. I went looking for wrapping paper to coordinate with Baby A's first birthday party decor, and instead I think we bought the entire store!

Speaking of birthdays, YES, our sweet little baby will be turning ONE in just under 2 months. I cannot believe it. I mean, I look at her little bitty photos, and I almost can't remember her being so small. Last night, D and I sat down to look at the party list--with our 2 playgroups and neighbors, the crowd has outgrown our small apartment. What to do? I had originally thought about having the party at Central Park, but I am a control freak and don't know what I'd do if the weather were bad, not to mention all the hassle of lugging stuff back and forth from our place to the park. There are lots of kids play spaces to host parties, but they cost an arm and a leg. Anyone know any decently priced (OR FREE) places to host a small event in the city? Not sure what I'm going to do about this yet... In the grand scheme of things, this is so not a big deal.

Anyway, off to get ready to take the girls (Baby A and Lola the doggie) to the park for our afternoon walk. We missed our stroller workout this morning since Baby A slept instead. Hee hee.

No comments: