In just about 4 months, we are taking a family vacation to the Outer Banks with some of our very best friends. We cannot wait to go to the beach (never been to OBX) to see two of our favorite couples and their adorable children (including the nicest teenager in the world!!!). D mentioned this past weekend how much he is looking forward to grilling out at the beach. We just can't wait to see dear friends, stick our toes in the water, play in the sand, and enjoy warmer weather.
But, to get to this wonderful beach trip, I have 4 months to get bathing suit ready. I am back to pre-baby weight when I was running my 4-miler. Now it is time to drop the last few pounds and get back to pre-WEDDING weight. With Baby A's birthday coming up, plus 2 summer beach trips, there is plenty of motivation to get myself revved up. I am signed up to restart my stroller fitness classes for 8 weeks this spring and cannot wait! Till then, I'm avoiding the 3 degree wind chill factor here in NYC and finding ways to exercise indoors. Can't wait till it is decent enough outside to continue getting back into running--last week was such a tease.
I'm also staying motivated to finish my grad school thesis. I am hopefully in the final stages of revisions of my prospectus, after which I can conduct the survey, compile the results, defend my final project before committee and receive my diploma in August. I keep plodding away so that I can finally achieve this goal! After that, perhaps first steps into entrepreneurship?
What keeps you motivated?
1 comment:
Oh little-little, all KINDS of things keep me motivated. I am usually motivated by training for a race. In a similar mindset, I currently consider myself in training for when the C-Monster goes mobile. Until I'm ready to chase him around, I'm just going to staple his diaper to the floor...
Post a Comment