3/18/2009

It's a New Day

Technically, it's a new month--and we're halfway through it, at that. Despite good intentions, we are not doing a very good job of keeping up our MBA chronicles. Sigh...

D has accepted a job offer and is planning where to live for the summer with his two roommates. He had spring break off last week, so we visited the in-laws at the beach for a couple of days--so nice! D also caught up on some much needed house chores and prepped for the start of Q4. He is now officially in the last quarter of his first year of business school. Then, he'll have his summer internship, and fall semester will be here before we know it. Graduation will be just around the corner. Time flies when... you know.

I've stayed busy at work and am planning a business trip. Lola got a walk today, which she loved. The deer and squirrels were out. The weather has been waffle-ing between really sunny and warm, to rainy and cool, to gray and snowy. I can't wait till springtime is here to stay.

I've been volunteering with the partners group--the support group for spouses and significant others of business school students. I hope to volunteer with the humane society over the summer too. I'm also planning some summer travel--Atlanta for a good friend's wedding and a baby shower for my sister; travel to the big apple for D's internship; *maybe* a mini-vacation at the end of the summer. Otherwise, I will be working throughout the summer and spending time with my new friends while still exploring this mountain community.

Our house is still on the market but getting lots of traffic. Our agent is having another open house this weekend, since the weather report is calling for nice weather. Hopefully one of the recent visitors who has shown interest will make our day by making an offer.

Hope all is well in your neck of the woods and that you had a Happy St. Patty's Day.

No comments: