Perhaps it's denial, perhaps it's disbelief, but I didn't want to post yesterday because my little tiny sweet baby girl turned 11 months old on the 11th. We are officially in the one month countdown till she turns 1 YEAR OLD! I have everything ready for her birthday party, but I'm not sure if I am emotionally ready. "The days are long, but the years are short." So true. This year has flown by, and I can't believe so much has changed. Here are 11 favorite things that come to mind, now that Baby A is 11 months old.
1. Curiouser and curiouser. You are into EVERYTHING. Pulling drawers. Peeking around corners. Staring people down. You have always been alert, but you are now so nosy and want to see and do everything.
2. Getting stronger. You are pulling yourself up into standing position. You are usually sitting up in your crib playing when you wake up now. We lowered the crib, in case you get curious and want to crawl on out. You "cruise" down the side of the couch by yourself, and I wouldn't be surprised if you are walking by yourself by your first birthday.
3. You are Trouble, with a capital T. You love going to your bookcase and pulling off all the books you can reach. You pitch a fit if you can't feed yourself/play with the phone or remote/keep us in your sights.
4. But you are so funny too. You are still my joyful girl, smiling and waving and giving out "fives". You love playing with your feet and laughing while I do my stroller workouts in the park.
5. You have learned some new skills. You can pat your tummy. You make a funny noise with your mouth and hand. You are learning to hold up your finger to show that you are 1 year old.
6. Lola the doggie is fascinating. You chase her around the room, and Lola isn't sure what to make of you. She kisses your face and loves eating the food you toss out of the high chair.
7. Bathtime is your favorite. You love chewing your toys and splashing around. You even squirted me with your water toy.
8. Everyone says you are so sweet and pretty. I think so too. But I also know how smart and fun you are.
9. You snuggle, but only a little. Gone are the days of curling up in the morning to snuggle you back to sleep. No more! Now you want to crawl everywhere and explore. But you also dole out some pats on the head to let us know you still love us.
10. What a screamer! You absolutely shriek at the very top of your lungs, just because you can. But you also copy me when I say "sshh", which is so stinkin' cute. In fact, you copy a lot of what we do, so we better be careful of what we say and do. You are always watching.
11. You keep us on our toes. Now that you are mobile, we REALLY have to keep our eyes on you. And I wouldn't have it any other way.
Happy 11 months baby girl. I can't believe a year has already come and nearly gone. Love you.
1. Curiouser and curiouser. You are into EVERYTHING. Pulling drawers. Peeking around corners. Staring people down. You have always been alert, but you are now so nosy and want to see and do everything.
2. Getting stronger. You are pulling yourself up into standing position. You are usually sitting up in your crib playing when you wake up now. We lowered the crib, in case you get curious and want to crawl on out. You "cruise" down the side of the couch by yourself, and I wouldn't be surprised if you are walking by yourself by your first birthday.
3. You are Trouble, with a capital T. You love going to your bookcase and pulling off all the books you can reach. You pitch a fit if you can't feed yourself/play with the phone or remote/keep us in your sights.
4. But you are so funny too. You are still my joyful girl, smiling and waving and giving out "fives". You love playing with your feet and laughing while I do my stroller workouts in the park.
5. You have learned some new skills. You can pat your tummy. You make a funny noise with your mouth and hand. You are learning to hold up your finger to show that you are 1 year old.
6. Lola the doggie is fascinating. You chase her around the room, and Lola isn't sure what to make of you. She kisses your face and loves eating the food you toss out of the high chair.
7. Bathtime is your favorite. You love chewing your toys and splashing around. You even squirted me with your water toy.
8. Everyone says you are so sweet and pretty. I think so too. But I also know how smart and fun you are.
9. You snuggle, but only a little. Gone are the days of curling up in the morning to snuggle you back to sleep. No more! Now you want to crawl everywhere and explore. But you also dole out some pats on the head to let us know you still love us.
10. What a screamer! You absolutely shriek at the very top of your lungs, just because you can. But you also copy me when I say "sshh", which is so stinkin' cute. In fact, you copy a lot of what we do, so we better be careful of what we say and do. You are always watching.
11. You keep us on our toes. Now that you are mobile, we REALLY have to keep our eyes on you. And I wouldn't have it any other way.
Happy 11 months baby girl. I can't believe a year has already come and nearly gone. Love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment